The Retreat’s school packages and onsite activities
You have just found the school group accommodation nsw venue in Port Stephens. The Retreat Port Stephens has been hosting school camps for over 15 years which has given us a great in sight to what schools are looking for as far as accommodation requirements, meals, activities, curriculum requirements and costs.
The Retreat has put together 4 package options which can be purchased as per the itineraries suggested or better still we can create a package specifically for your school.
All bed linen is including and all accommodation buildings also full size kitchens for those who wish to self cater. Group buildings have multiple bathrooms and bedrooms.
The Retreat has many onsite features available for all guests to use.
- Games room with 2 x pool tables, table tennis, air hockey, foosball, arcade game machine, large flat screen tv for movie night
- Inground salt water swimming pool
- Volleyball net area for a great team building game
- Playground area for all ages
- Covered BBQ areas with Free gas BBQ’s
- Camp fires to get everyone together
- Walking access to the dunes and beach
- Open areas for group games
The Retreat has the best catering business in Port Stephens available to provide all or some of your meal requirements while staying with us. We have an extensive menu to choose from which has been designed to suit all budgets and dietary requirements. We do require 3 weeks notice for catering and minimum numbers are required. School menu options click here
The Retreat has partnered with Pinnacle Team Events to offer group activities onsite and also off site at numerous locations around Port Stephens. With a great range of activities available you can arrange the most memorable fully facilitated school camp ever. More details…
Currently we are working on putting together an Indigenous Educational programme with the local Worimi Aboriginal people to offer onsite aboriginal education session such as bush tucker, arts, craft, dancing and storytelling.
The Retreat also has a group activities booklet available for Teachers to access to assist with the self facilitated group activities while onsite. It has all the ideas, instructions and ideas to put together hours of fun for students using the simple things that you have with you or can easily access. A great affordable way to entertain the students at no cost
Off site Activities
There are many local Tours and Activities available for schools. I will be blogging in detail about all of these in details over the next few months. The main activities that schools do while visiting Port Stephens are:
- Dolphin Watch cruise – Educational cruise including Marine Studies, History, Climate change
- 4WD Sand dunes tour – Educational tour, History, Land and Environment
- National parks guided tours – Educational walk on History, Environmental studies
- Learn to Surf lessons – Beach and water safety
- Murook Aboriginal Education Centre
- Fighter World – History, aviation
- Oakvale Farm – Agricultural, farming, environmental and conservation
To enquire and book your next school group accommodation nsw call (02) 4982 1244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org