Road Trip the East Coast of Australia
With all the devastation of the bush fires that have ravaged through the country and the continuing drought the message is simple – Holiday Here This Year in NSW Australia. Through the toughest of times we have seen the best in our fellow Australians with the overwhelming donations.
There are towns up and down the East Coast of Australia that have been hit hard the best way we can support them is to be the visitors. We can stay in the variety of accommodation, dine out and go shopping. To keep these small regional areas in business and give them a chance to get back on there feet.
What even better is to plan a road trip to spread the love and the money. The East Coast of Australia offers such a diverse range of locations, attractions and dining experiences. There is a climate to suit everyone with the warm waters of Byron down to the Snowy Mountains. No matter if you are a camper or 5 star Hotel kind of person you will be spoilt for choice.
Port Stephens is half way
Yes we are half way along the East Coast of Australia which makes it the perfect place to holiday here this year. To bring you into perspective with our location for those that are not familiar checkout the localities below:
- Sydney – 2.5hrs
- Canberra – 6hrs
- Batemans Bay – 7hrs
- Melbourne – 11hrs
- Port Macquarie – 2.5hrs
- Byron Bay – 8hrs
- Brisbane – 10hrs
When planning your road trip of the East Coast there a
re some keys locations that you will definitely need to include and Port Stephens is one of those. Ok so there are the 25+ beaches and stunning coastline which you can find all along the East Coast of Australia but we are so much more than that.
What makes Port Stephens so special?
We have some of the best kept secrets in NSW including the Worimi Conservation lands which are the largest living sand dune system in the Southern Hemisphere. These are a natural phenomenon and a Instagram snap location #holidayherethisyear.
Where to stay
Couples, Families and Groups are all taken care of right here at The Retreat. There are 5 building types available which are all self-contained. A range of onsite facilities are available all guests to enjoy. Our boutique style accommodation offers a very private and peaceful location close to all the local tours and attractions.
Packages available – See our full range of packages for Couples, Families and Groups
Things to do
- Quad Bike Tour exploring the sand dunes and here the stories from the local Worimi guides.
- 4wd Tour up the sand hills for a Sand boarding Experience of a lifetime
- Camel ride through the sand hills and along the beach with the peaceful surrounds
- Horse ride along the beach and let you hair flow in the wind
- Tomaree National Park to re-connect with Nature
- Port Stephens Koala Hospital
- Irukandji Shark & Ray Centre with Sea Shelter Marine life Hospital
All Tours and Attractions links CLICK HERE
One of the most important things when on holiday that we get asked all the time is where to eat. Port Stephens has so many choices for all times of the day and styles of food. Being a coastal location Seafood is a must have with the freshest seafood straight from the trawler to you. There are also many fabulous Breakfast locations as well as easy take away to more formal style dining options. Here is our Top recommendations.
- Breakfast on the beach – Crest Birubi Beach
- Breakfast in Nelson Bay – The Little Nel and Home Interior
- Lunch locations – Murrays Brewery, Cheeky Dog, Tapas at Little Beach Boathouse
- Take away – LJ’s Anna Bay, Bubs Fish and Chips Nelson Bay, Aussie Bob’s Shoal Bay
- Fresh Seafood – Nelson Bay Fish Market, Holberts Oysters, Bubs Fish and Chips Nelson Bay
- Casual Dining – Shoal Bay Country Club, Saltwater Fingal Bay, Seabreeze Nelson Bay, Nelson Bay Golf Club
- Fine Dining – Little Beach Boathouse, The Point Soldiers Point, The Wharf Restaurant Nelson Bay, The Poyers Lemon Tree Passage, Eviva Nelson Bay
- Family Dining – Soldiers Point Bowling Club, Murray’s Brewery, Long Boat Cafe Fingal Bay
- Seafood Platters – The Wharf Restaurant Nelson Bay, Shoal Bay Country Club, Oyster Bar Nelson Bay
- Best Coffee – Two Bobs Bakery Nelson Bay, Pasta Di Porto Pasta Anna Bay, The Little Nel Cafe Nelson Bay, Home Interiors Nelson Bay
We are a Year Round Destination
No matter what time of year or what the weather has happening there is always plenty to do in Port Stephens. With so many beautiful towns that make up our Destination the options are endless. Indoor and Outdoor Activities are available around the area as well as Massages, Beauty treatments, Boutique Shops and a Local Produce shopping trail.
Adventure and thrills are a plenty for those looking to experience some adrenaline pumping. Relaxation and peace in an abundance for those looking to de-stress and reconnect with nature. Bike trails all around connecting many towns of the area as well as exercise trails for those looking to focus on fitness.
Whether you are here for a couple of days or a week you will not be short of choices or what to do or where to go. Here at The Retreat we are happy to assist with planning an itinerary suitable to your perfect holiday and budget. There are many things to do that do not cost anything and offer brilliant photo opportunities and lookouts you will remember forever. That is why you need to Holiday Here This Year in NSW Australia.
2020 is the year to Holiday Here This Year in NSW and enjoy everything Australia has to offer. Explore and re-connect in our own backyard to support local.
To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 4982 1244.