We are looking forward to welcoming you, your family and friends to The Retreat Port Stephens with the priority of taking care of your safety during the COVID-19 epidemic and beyond. With this in mind, we have launched enhanced cleaning procedures and guidelines with our cleaning team for the accommodation and the operation of the property from check-in to check-out. The Retreat Port Stephens is a COVIDSafe APP user and we encourage all guests and owners to download the app.
- Your Cleaning Team
- All our cleaning team are participating in increased personal hygiene standards utilising gloves and antibacterial hand sanitiser available to them in their cleaning kits
- Common Areas
- Including all entrance and exit doors, handrails, keys, pool and BBQ seating and equipment, after hour key safe, reception, reception counter, furniture, door handles, garbage bins have rigorous cleaning protocols requiring that all surfaces are thoroughly treated with disinfectants
- We have increased frequency of cleaning through all guest facilities
- Your accommodation will undergo our new thorough cleaning standards and be checked off by supervisors
- Your accommodation will also be stocked with a guest cleaning kit for you to use if you feel the need for our own peace of mind.
- Your accommodation will then be sealed off with no entry to your accommodation until you arrive
- Guest Check In & Departure
- All guests will be required to register at reception and tap and go eftpos with pin is available
- All receipts will be emailed to you
- All welcome and departure information will be by email
- Social distancing practices will be adhered to until no longer required by Australian Health Authorities
- If you or members of your booking are unwell we please ask that you re-schedule your reservation.
- Our usual cancellation policy applies.
- If there is a new Government direction to shut down due to Covid-19 we can re-schedule your booking or offer a credit voucher for future use.
What changes to expect when you arrive (some will change as restrictions ease)
- Currently our Games room and Swimming pool are closed until further notice
- BBQ areas can only have 1 Group dining in this area at a time
- Group buildings are limited to 10 guests per building -until restrictions change
- Cleaning baskets are located in each accommodation building for guests to use
- Hand sanitizer is available for purchase from the office
- Hand wash stations are available at main BBQ areas
- Office hours have been reduced to 10am – 3pm till September
- Kids playground area has anti-bacterial wipes for guests to use as required
- Signage is visible through the park reminding guests about social distancing
We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to The Retreat Port Stephens and we take your safety and hygiene while staying with us very seriously. We have onsite Managers who are your hosts to ensure your stay is comfortable and restful.
We want you to feel safe and secure therefore we have implemented these best industry practices for hygiene and sanitation to help ensure your family’s health and safety. Please contact us if you have any questions. We also are following the directives of the NSW Government.