Winter in Port Stephens- What is there to do?
20 Things to do this Winter in Port Stephens
Port Stephens is best known for our beautiful blue waters, beaches and summer holidays but the hot weather is not all year round.
Winter in Port Stephens offers plenty to do over the cooler months making Port Stephens a great winter getaway destination. Whatever kind of holiday you are looking for everyone can be entertained, thrilled or relaxed.
The Retreat Port Stephens offers the perfect winter accommodation offering a great range of accommodation for couples, families and groups. Facilities are fantastic and offers something for everyone. Enjoy the covered BBQ areas, camp fires and games room with a game of pool or table tennis while watching your favorite sports on the flat screen TV. A complimentary DVD library is also available at the office for a relaxing night in.
Walks on the beach are always an option of course but here are our top 20 suggested things to do this winter in Port Stephens
- Irukandji Shark and Ray encounters – Completely under cover you can have a close encounter with friendly Shark and Rays while experiencing Ocean life in a controlled environment.
- Oakvale Farm – Hand feed a range of animals including kangaroos, sheep and goats. Bottle feed the baby animals, pat a Koala and have a tour of the Farm on a big tractor. Great fun for everyone
- Murrays Brewery and brewery tour – Great food, great beer, amazing wine and entertainment on a weekend. If beer is your thing then the guided tour of a boutique brewery and information talk is just for you.
- Cookabarra and fish farm tour – Enjoy a beautiful lunch at this tranquil and amazing location surrounded by ponds full of Barramundi. Have a tour of the fish farm and meet Big Barry
- Whale watch cruise or whale spotting walk – Coooler weather brings the Whales from the South up past Port Stephens. Join a cruise or go whale spotting from the coast line. Amazing experience you can not miss
- Bush walking tracks through Tomaree National Park – A full listing of all the bush walking tracks is available from our office at The Retreat with tracks for all levels.
- Bike hire – Hire a bike and ride the bike tracks of Port Stephens. From Fingal Bay through to Bagnalls Beach a great way to explore Port Stephens and exercise at the same time
- Quad bike tour of the sand dunes and sand boarding – The largest living sand dunes in the Southern Hemisphere are in Port Stephens and what better way to experience them, then on a quad bike.
- Food and wine experience trail – Port Stephens offers great food and wine experiences all within short distance from The Retreat. Our pick would be Little Beach Boathouse, Crest Birubi Beach, Nice, Holberts Oysters, Nelson Bay Fish Market and Inner Light Tea Rooms
- Dinner cruise with Moonshadow cruises – Enjoy a seafood buffet dinner onboard Moonshadow followed by a cruise around the bay with onboard entertainment. Sit back relax and enjoy a night out
- Camel ride on Birubi beach– An amazing experience and brilliant photo opportunity take a camel ride of Birubi Beach through the sand dunes and down the beach.
- Toboggan Hill Park – Offering indoor and out door activities Toboggan Hill Park is fantastic for all ages and offers a great choice of activities and games. Plus Hot Ice skating
- Fighter world – dedicated to preserving the proud history of fighter aircraft operations in the Royal Australian Air Force. Completely undercover and a great collection of historic memorabilia.
- Boutique shopping at D’Albora Marina – We all love shopping and nothing better than boutique shops with designer and top shelf items to choose from.
- Golf at Horizons, Nelson Bay, Pacific Dunes or The Palms Golf courses
- Scenic flight with Skyline Port Stephens – Combine the thrill of flying in a helicopter with breathtaking views and you’ve got the ultimate Port Stephens and Nelson Bay holiday experience.
- Pamper session and massage at Body & Soul – Massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more.. relax, unwind and be pampered
- Go karting – The biggest, fastest and most exciting 4-stroke go kart hire track
- Port Stephens Community Arts center – Brilliant gallery of arts and craft by locals with the opportunity to purchase unique gifts and holiday keepsakes. Highly recommended
- Tiligerry Habitat Reserve -Discover Koalas in their natural habitat as well as informative talks and tours
All of the activities are within close distance of The Retreat and some activities can be booked through our office.