Top 10 free things to do in Port Stephens
Free things to do in Port Stephens
Here at The Retreat we understand that a budget is super important while on holidays. I am a mum and know exactly what it is like, especially when you have kids, all the extra costs just to entertain everyone add up fast.
Port Stephens offers an amazing range of activities for all seasons both on land and at sea but they all don’t have to cost you the earth. In fact the best things in life are free.
Here are our Top 10 free things to do in Port Stephens on your next visit.
Our Top 10 free things to do in Port Stephens
- Walk Tomaree Headland for the most spectacular 360 degree views of Port Stephens
- Explore Birubi Beach…. this spectacular beach line connects with Stockton Beach which is a huge 32km stretch of coastline.
- Especially great for the kids there are excellent skate parks located in Anna Bay and Nelson Bay.
- The Rotary exercise Trail is great for everyone with stations along the way offering a variety of exercises. By the time to get to the end you have had a full body work out. This is also great for the kids to ride their bikes along the way.
- Tomaree Community Art Centre offers free entry to their gallery. There are brilliant local artists works to view as well as the opportunity to purchase some hand made gifts
- The Inner Light House is the home to the Coastal Patrol Radio Base and The Heritage Museum. This is free entry and also offers a great photo viewing platform.
- Visit the Tourist Information Centre where you can collect local guides and brochures as well as find out the current activities happening in the area
- Head down to the Marina and Beaches within the bay for some Dolphin watching………trust me you will see them especially of you walk along the break wall of an afternoon
- Bring your snorkel gear with you and explore our Marine Park at Halifax Park and Fly Point.
- Have a Picnic at one of the many foreshore park areas and make use of the BBQ’s, playgrounds and beaches. Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner or just stay for the whole day.
The list could just keep going but these will definitely keep everyone busy for your short break or extended stay.