Rainy Day Activities in Port Stephens
What to do in Port Stephens on a Rainy Day
So you are on holidays and the weather has decided to be wet and miserable and the beach is just not an option.
Here we have put together a suggested list of activities. Some do cost money money and others that are free for rainy day activities in Port Stephens.
Rainy day activities Port Stephens
- The good old cinemas at Nelson Bay is of course the most obvious option to catch one of the latest flicks
- Visit Salamander shopping centre looking through the abundance of specialty shops
- Spend a couple of hours out at the Irukandji Shark and Ray Centre which is just a 10 minute drive from The Retreat learning about our Marine environment.
- Kayaking Tours are great seeing as you are going to get wet anyway
- Horse riding with Sahara Trails where you can wear a drizabone coat and explore the beauty of the bush staying nice and dry.
- Visit Toboggan Hill Park for hours of amusement and fun including the Hot skating rink
- Go for a dolphin cruise on one of the many cruise operators to choose from staying dry inside the boat
- Inner light Tea rooms is an ideal morning or afternoon stop for a cuppa, bite to eat and amazing views
- For the beer and wine lovers you can go for a visit out to Murrays Brewery and have a comprehensive taste testing
session of all the beers on tap and local wines as well as a bite of lunch while there.
- David Grahams Golf Complex which is all under cover and you can have a game of Putt Putt, have a hit at the driving range or the base ball pitcher
- Take a tour is the Iconic Maitland Gaol…………a very interesting place to explore
- Oakvale Farm offers a modern Farm experience as well as the opportunity to meet some Aussie iconic Animals while learning more about our Native wildlife in a hand on experience.
- 4WD tours on the dunes are also a great wet weather option you can explore the dunes every day of the year
- Super Strike Ten Pin Bowling alley in Salamander Bay is always another safe bet
- Visit the local pubs and clubs – Child friendly clubs with kids play areas are Soldiers Point Bowling club, Fingal Sports and
- For the brave and not so scared of getting a bit wet then put on your rain coat and walk some of the great bushwalking tracks and look outs of the area.
- Hit the gym for a workout session
- Pamper yourself at a day spa and get the works done…….just because you can 🙂
- Visit Port Stephens Community Art Centre and see the amazing arts and crafts made by local artists. Great place to buy special presents and souvenirs
- Fighter World is located at Williamtown next to the airport and offers alot of history and get up close to fighter jets.
If you would like more information on any of the above activities talk to us at Reception or contact us before you arrive