Gourmet Foodie Getaway NSW
LOVE FOOD…LOVE PORT STEPHENS
A food escape to Port Stephens is a delicious winter mini break! And the ultimate gourmet foodie getaway NSW has to offer is all available right here.
Every August in Port Stephens is “Love Seafood” month. This is to celebrate coastal cuisine with live cooking demonstrations, educational talks, signature dinners, seafood lunch specials, meeting the growers, kids activities and much more.
The bounty of the sea lies at the heart of the Port Stephens food experience. We LOVE our fresh seafood and local fishing families, oyster growers and food legends share the love at the “Love Seafood” festival throughout August.
Better known for our beaches, bays and dolphins there is more delicious attractions to our coastal mecca than you would expect. You may be surprised at how this stunning region has developed a more sophisticated palate. From the paddock to plate and trawler to table.
Gourmet Foodie Getaway NSW
Discover the flavours of our coastal road food trail and unforgettable dining experiences. With fresh local produce, artisan beer and our famous Port Stephens seafood – all enjoyed straight from the source!
Get to know our growers by touring the farm gates of our coastal villages for seasonal finds like:
- Moorish Medowie macadamias
- Sweet Anna Bay tomatoes
- Local oysters and lobsters
- Fresh barramundi
- Artisan producers of pasta
- Old fashioned sweets and more!
Winter is ideal for enjoying local dining, with spectacular vistas, cosy wine bars and hidden gems of the food scene. The Retreat offers some great itinerary suggestions as well as packages to enjoy these delicious wonders.
SAVOUR PORT STEPHENS
Port Stephens has become the food bowl of the coast. With an abundance of fresh produce from land and sea, it’s little wonder so many top chefs have been drawn to the region. These passionate foodies and locavores can be found designing menus around the days catch or the season’s freshest produce. All so you can enjoy the very best of the region in season.
Our Top Ten recommendations
- Try Evviva cafe’s tempura prawns with an icy cold Asahi on a sunny afternoon.
- Pop in to Little Beach Boathouse Bar and watch the sunset on the water whilst sipping on a capriosca and graze on tasty morsels… ahhh perfect.
- Take a wander to Wonganella Estate, a coastal vineyard and cellar door ,to sample the local wines and enjoy delicious local food.
- Drop into Murray’s Brewery and taste test some of the country’s leading craft beers.
- The Little Nel Cafe for the best coffee and breakfast in town and creative flare
- Cookabarra Barramundi Farm and Restaurant to take a tour, meet big Barry the barra and stay for a brilliant barra banquet.
- If you’re feeling a little ’shellfish’ then don’t miss a trip to Holberts Oysters for the finest, tastiest oysters on the coast. Have a go at shucking your own or get them shucked for you.
- Crest Birubi Beach for a Lunch overlooking the stunning Birubi Beach and sand dunes
- Catch a ferry across the bay for a celebration at the famous Mumm’s on the Myall
- Pop into the Nelson Bay Fisherman’s Co-op for trawler fresh fish and chips – you won’t find better
Port Stephens is the perfect Gourmet Foodie Getaway NSW has along the coastline. With the freshest of seafood, coastal road food trails and craft breweries.