A Unique & private wedding venue
Unique wedding venue
The Retreat is a unique wedding venue surrounded by Natural bush-land and backing onto the most amazing sand dunes, we truly offer a venue like no other.
With a great range of accommodation for 100+ guests, indoor and outdoor function areas, beautiful bush back drop and an abundance of fantastic photo opportunities onsite and out on the dunes.
Your guests can relax and make this a getaway for the weekend and extend into the week. No need to drive or hire cars everything can be done at the one place.
The Retreat has a brilliant catering team to cater for the whole event. Individual menus will be designed to suit your theme and/or budget with a huge range of catering options. You will work directly with our caterer to create the menu of your dreams to ensure that everything is exactly as you wish. If you have a preferred caterer or you wish to self cater this is also possible.
As part of booking the whole property you have full and exclusive access to the rec room and outdoor functions areas. Working with our local suppliers the creation of dream weddings is made so easy and there are package options available to suit all budgets.
The Retreat is also a great in-door wedding venue as we also have our recreational/function room which can be transformed into the prefect function room for your wedding. This area is large enough to seat 100+ guests in an all weather room which is central to all the accommodation and has a beautiful bush outlook. A bar area is also available to use in this area. The Retreat is the perfect place to create the wedding of your dreams.
Accommodation Port Stephens – perfect location for outdoor weddings venues. Please complete our contact form or call us on 02 4982 1244 to arrange your booking.
Keep it real with a Winter Wedding?
Winter weddings are gorgeous, offer so many different themes and you can create a truly unique wedding. Your guests won’t be worn out from to many weddings during over Spring and Summer and it is much better on your budget. Suppliers are more available over the winter months and the season alone will make your day standout.
No matter the temperature outside your indoor reception will be warm, cosy, fun and full of love. Great food, drinks, family and friends plus your entertainment ready to party your winter wedding is well underway.
- Camp fires
- Artificial snow
- Whiskey bar
- Indoor heaters
- Hot chocolate bar
Midweek stress free Wedding?
A lot of us need to work weekends and taking time off work does make it hard for some guests. So why not plan a midweek wedding?You can keep you guest numbers modest, suppliers are generally more available, budget friendly and totally different.
- Less traffic
- Cheaper air fares
- Suppliers more available
- Less stress
- Much more intimate & private
- Modest guest numbers
- Keeps it simple
Enquire today about our Winter and midweek wedding packages at The Retreat.
The Retreat Wedding planner Template
Sample Wedding Menu
Full catering is available through our wonderful catering team. Menus can be customised for stand up cocktail menus through to full 3 course meals.
The below sample menu is the most popular and perfect for a sit down meal.
- Braised leek and bacon with sour cream and caraway seeds with Lebanese crisp breads
- Spiced fried whiting fillets served with a saffron infused mayonnaise, dusted with lime salt
Entrée & Main are served on platters & bowls in the center of the tables for guests to self-serve
- Cumin spiced sugar roasted pumpkin salad
- BBQ marinated prawns with chorizo tossed in a lemon butter
- Roasted corn and Avocado salsa tossed in olive oil and lime served with a selection garlic dipping breads
- ROASTED LAMB and ROSEMARY -Sliced and placed on platters in center of table marinated in lemon, garlic, seeded mustard and rosemary served in a light jus
- CHICKEN and PANCETTA- Seared on the BBQ tossed in a sage butter
- PLATTERS OF MARINATED EGGPLANT- Roasted Quarters of marinated eggplant, served with a fresh tomato dressing and Yoghurt
- SMASHED POTATOES- Tossed with garlic, rosemary salt and olive oil roasted in the oven till crisp
- FRESH TOMATO SALAD- Tossed with crunchy garlic croutons, fresh torn basil leaves and a lemon oil topped with Persian feta
- SPICED RICE- Spiced mixed brown rice salad tossed with roasted sweet potato, parsnip, Spanish onion with raisins and almonds
Dessert – The following are suggestions
- A great range of sweets and treats are available
- Cookie bar
- Smores bar
- Wedding cake