Accommodation Port Stephens – Bush walks
Port Stephens Bush walks are a great way to see the most beautiful parts of Port Stephens
The Retreat Port Stephens is surrounded by Tomaree National Park which has many great bush walks. There are tracks for all ages and fitness levels.This is great holiday activity that costs you nothing to do only your time and a good pair of walking shoes.
- Wreck Beach Walk – 2 km approx 20 minutes each way
- Big Rocky Walk – 3 km approx 30 minutes each way
- Fingal Island and Point Stephens Lighthouse Walk – 4 km approx 1 hr each way
*Please use caution when doing the Fingal Island walk as this is a spit and is only to be walked 1 hour either side of high tide when not washed away. Never cross when spit is awash as there are very strong current’s and sand conditions do become very unstable. Please look up tide charts before going on this walk.
- Fort Tomaree Walk – 4 km approx 30 minutes each way
- Morna Point Walk – 5.5km loop approx 2.5hrs
- Tomaree Head Summit Walk – 4km approx 45 minutes each way
*Tomaree Head land walk is the most popular by far and once at the Summit the views are simply breath taking. Recommend for most fitness levels just would be hard for people with walking difficulties and disabilities.
In The Retreat ‘s office we have a bush walking guide for guests to have a look through and find more great local walks.
The Retreat offers great accommodation Port Stephens close to bush walks in the Tomaree National Park.